A dental bridge is used to permanently replace one or several missing teeth. The bridge sits between and is supported by the surrounding teeth or can be placed over an implant.
Advantages of a fixed dental bridge:
- Fills edentulous (toothless) zones
- Prevents the erosion of adjacent teeth
- Improves chewing and speech
- Prevents the migration of surrounding teeth
- Corrects occlusion problems (bite)
Your dentist will provide you with detailed information on the placement of a dental bridge should you require this procedure.